Adding my thanks to your superb posting for downgrading the "smart"
radio.  We were stuck with redundant, incompatible systems until finding
this solution.  BRAVO!!

Everybody - please note that there are UE SR out there with a newer hardware revision. Please check Settings/Advanced/Diagnostics (I think - don't have one sitting next to me). The latest revision is r8, where the latest SB Radio was HW r7. IIRC the new hardware features a different controller for the wheels, causing difficult volume changes. And a new battery controller. Please stay tuned for an updated SB Radio firmware to cover these changes!

--

Michael