How to add live Police & Fire Scanner Streams to your Squeezebox Radio.

This will show how to capture, copy and paste a Police or Fire Scanner
stream that can be
programmed into the Smartbox Radio. These streams are broadcast from
www.broadcastify.com.

Using Windows (sorry, I don't have a Mac, so I can't help you there):

Go to www.broadcastify.com
-Click on LISTEN.
-Click on the state map you are interested in (example California).
-Click on the County you are interested in (example Sacramento County).
-Scroll down to the agency you are interested in (example Sacramento
County Sheriff and Sacramento City Police).
-From the small pull down menu on the right (in the Sacramento County
Sheriff listing) select WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER.
-On the left side of the Sacramento County Sheriff listing click on the
round START BUTTON that is marked with a black arrow.
-Select OK when the Windows pop-up menu opens.
-Now Right-Click on the round START BUTTON that is marked with an arrow.
-Select COPY LINK LOCATION from the Right-Click pop-up menu.
-The URL of the scanner stream has now been copied to your Windows
clipboard.
-You can paste it into Windows Notepad for safe keeping.

Here is the captured scanner stream URL for the Sacramento County
Sheriff and Sacramento City Police.
http://www.broadcastify.com/scripts/playlists/1/5688/-5777991136.asx

I use this URL stream by pasting it into my Favorites (ADD FAVORITE) in
the MYSQUEEZEBOX.COM account.