Ronnie,
Yes. I've reset the router but that doesn't work.  I've tried the WiFi
Analyser you suggested (on my wireless Nexus) and everything looks good.
I don't understand the numbers but -30 - -40 dB must be OK.  There's
nothing else locally that interferes or comes close.  All the channels
shown, including the one currently selected. have 10 stars.

Having done the factory reset on the controller, that now still refuses
to connect to my network or even to see it.  The router settings look
right.
I tried disabling the router firewall but that made no difference

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with Talk Talk, my broadband
supplier, but I don't see what they could change, apart perhaps from the
firewall, and I don't understand the other settings to try playing with
those.  But why would any of these suddenly need changing?

I have other Squeezebox devices but these are still packed away after a
recent move and I've had LMS disabled on my PC.  I started LMS just on
the off-chance that by selecting the 'My Music' option on the radio, it
might just kickstart it into life.  No chance.  The radio still tells me
it can't connect to my network.  The controller can't even find it.

I just don't know what to do.

Geoff