Okay, it's harder than i thought, sorry. The display does not show an
evident model number or even manufacturer. The display module is glued
into a plastic frame that covers its entire backside and most of the
connector. I am afraid that digging into it will destroy something.
Would be a shame as the display is fully functional.
But what I found is that the Logitech G19 keyboard apparently uses the
same display. So the cheapest way out might be acquiring one of them and
extracting the LCD from it as described here:
'http://squeezeboxman.blogspot.de/2015/07/fixing-logitech-squeezebox-radio-white.html

'
(http://squeezeboxman.blogspot.de/2015/07/fixing-logitech-squeezebox-radio-white.html)

1x Squezeebox Classic SB2
5x Squeezebox Classic SB3 (one waiting for repair)
7x Squeezebox Boom (two waiting for repair)
1x Transporter
1.5x Controller (one waiting for repair)
1.5x Touch (one waiting for repair)