I have been asking people here whether they are using Verizon and so far
all have said yes and that they are in the northeast USA.  My squeezebox
works fine with a WIFI hotspot from my T-Mobile phone, but not with
Verizon FIOS. Others with a Verizon phone have said that the Verizon
phone hotspot also does not work.

I called Verizon and they said they would be willing to run a trace if I
could provide to them the IP address or the URL that the Squeezebox
radios are trying to reach to access the favorites and other data. I do
not believe it is exactly "mysqueezebox.com" as I can reach that fine
with a browser on the Verizon network.

Any clues?  The Verizon tech will call me back in a few hours to see if
I have an IP address from the radio for him to test.