slartibartfast wrote:
> I tried a different station this morning and same result, it may have
> been longer than 30 seconds but playback halts and restarts when the
> network recovers.
> I had a look at the logging options and quite a few are concerned with
> network. Any idea which one to turn on? All of them?

Don't think you can do all. IIRC Problem is that there is limited space
for log file (kept in RAM) and while usually I'd sit on tail of the log
after ssh'ing into Radio - if there is a network problem then link will
go down and ssh will be disconnected. Similarly if you redirect the log
over the net.

To start, there are 4 network log options - http, slimproto, socket and
thread.  Logging really means using DEBUG as I think INFO is minimal.

If the stream is played direct then net.http should be logged as Radio
will do a http/GET to play the stream.  So enable net.http - verify what
a good seesion looks like to make sure it logs the HTTP GET.  You want
to look to see if there are two HTTP GETs or one with a break making
your problem. Even if not played direct - see what net.http does in a
good connection (http/GET is made to LMS) and if minimal then enable for
testing.

net.slimproto is good to monitor "life" in the player (I.e. buffer
fullness)  but I think don't monitor initially - you can probably do
better by enabling network.protocol.slimproto logging on LMS side but
make only one player connected to LMS - otherwise too much data logged.

net.socket - there'll be a lot of sockets in use but it will probably
show whether network connection.  I'd enable logging and but first see
if it captures network connection status changing (if using radio, block
signal with maybe tinfoil or large metal cooking pot).

net.thread - not sure but I think it is too low level.