mrw wrote:
> I think it be very helpful to find out what is killing it. If it is not
> the script, then that may hint at a problem with -wpa_supplicant-, or
> with its control socket.
> SqueezePlay does restart -wpa_cli- when it brings a network up.
> (-Networking.lua- function -_ifiup- calls -restartWpaCli-).
> SqueezePlay itself does have the ability to respond to events from
> -wpa_supplicant- if it chooses. But it does not so choose. See -attach-
> / -detach- following -jive.net.Networking:request()-. That might be a
> route towards logging -wpa_supplicant- events.
Using a debug build of both will be a start. Hope to get on that soon,
but the script needs to always work again. I hope that's finished with a
today's new version.

As mentioned before, I think there is a problem with one or both of the
two wpa_* since the driver messages displayed by recEvent stop before an
outage is detected, then resume after wpa_cli and wpa_supplicant is
killed (see prior message). RecEvent could do some logging directly, but
I'm the events come streaming out at a too-high rate for reasonable
logging, and the events just prior to the event stream stopping seem
uninformative, at first glance (2 weeks ago).

If SqueesePlay restarts wpa_cli, I guess it is safe to do so in the
script...??? What about restarting wpa_supplicant (thinking about that
as a next script step)?

I think that the wpa_ demons should handle the networking by themselves.
SqueezePlay shouldn't have to deal with a faulty network stack. The
stack should be fixed. This may be possible.