I have several SqueezeBox Radio units connected to Logitech Media Server
8.2.0 and I have enabled the option for the Community updated firmware
so it is now currently reporting firmware 8.0.1-r16867.

I some time ago had been mainly using it with an LMS 7.x version and the
'official' firmware but found many radio station streams had stopped
working and upgrading LMS fixed this.

It is not clear yet what the cause is, but I now find that both the
Squeezebox Radio players and the web view of the player status no longer
show as reliably the album artwork for the currently playing track as
being streamed by the radio station. Previously the behaviour was that
this would be obtained from the internet stream and when the radio
station switched to a new track not only was the name of the track and
artist updated, so was the album artwork.

The radio station I mostly listen to is Radio X (a UK station) with the
URL being obtained from TuneIn.com and added to my station list in
MySqueezebox.com and also as a favorite. I have also tried using the
RadioFeeds plugin. The problem with album artwork for the radio station
streams is not limited to Radio X.

Note: The URL obtained from TuneIn.com for the station feed is a
radiotime.com URL but that is clearly part of TuneIn.com as the
radiotime.com website redirects to TuneIn.com

The RadioFeeds plugin seems to only show a fixed logo for each station,
the TuneIn.com URL seems to show either generic artwork like a headphone
image or radio transmitter image and very occasionally an album artwork
but when I was in the past using the older LMS and firmware (some time
ago) seemed much more reliable at showing album artwork.

Does anyone have any recommendations for how best to get the album
artwork for radio stations to work more reliably?

I am aware that the Squeezebox has to wait for at least a portion of the
stream to be loaded and played before it has enough data to obtain the
meta-data including the artwork since it will be embedded in the
stream.

Note: I tried both AAC and MP3 versions of Radio X via RadioFeeds
plugin, the TuneIn.com URL seems to be for an MP3 stream.

...just tried switching several times between stations and this time the
MySqueezebox.com entry for RadioX (from TuneIn.com) loaded current album
artwork (That's Entertainment by the Clash) but I expect it will not
update when this track ends. Yep, it is now playing Stacey's Mom by
Fountains of Wayne but has not updated the artwork.