kennydexter wrote:
> Thanks for replying.   I don’t understand.  What is LMS?
>
> Thanks

LMS is Logitech Media Server, an application that you would have to run
on a computer on your local network. The computer could be an old,
low-powered one, or even a single board computer -- a Raspberry Pi, for
instance. Your Squeezebox devices would then connect to your local
server -- LMS -- instead of mysqueezebox.com. You would still have
access, through LMS, to most services provided by mysqueezebox.com. Or
you would have the option of disconnecting your Squeezebox device from
LMS and connecting directly to mysqueezebox.com. As bpa mentioned,
accessing iHeart Radio is one thing that's possible to do with LMS that
cannot be done through mysqueezebox.com. There are many others,
including accessing other some online music services, playing your local
music files, and playing music on some non-Squeezebox devices. Those
other features are off-topic for your question, but if any of them
interest you, you can certainly find out more.

The official LMS download page is here:
https://mysqueezebox.com/download.

Some of us prefer to download more up-to-date versions here:
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/. 8.2 is the current stable
version, while 8.3 is beta.

Standard disclaimer: I've probably got a few details wrong here, because
I often do. It's usually best to hold off until somebody else corrects,
expands on, or maybe confirms what I've said.

LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players,
occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.