My vote's for #2 - clear guidelines. Ryan's got a point that a separate job
board won't have the audience it probably needs.

I think the grammar and typo emails, jokes, etc will quieten down a bit anyway,
given the recent pointed comments made to the list over the last few weeks.

--
Pat

On 15/02/2010, at 12:28 PM, Bodaniel Jeanes wrote:

> To be honest, I don't think job posting in the list is that bad. What
> is bad is the immature shit-flinging that follows by what I otherwise
> consider to be a group of reasonable professionals. If you don't like
> a job posting, just delete the post or mute the thread.
>
> A guideline for job posting wouldn't be a bad idea, though. The
> quality of posts could be improved, but the flame wars aren't helping
> that, in the least.
>
> Bo
>
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Mark Wotton <mwot...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I like seeing the job ads, and I think they're useful. A static set of
>> guidelines for employers and recruiters should be enough. So, #2, I
>> guess.
>>
>> mark
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Lachie <lach...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Roroans
>>>
>>> This list is getting lots of job ads. This is a good thing, endless
>>> moaning from otherwise already employed members notwithstanding.
>>>
>>> However constant employment-advertisement related mudslinging is
>>> wearing me down, and harming the already waning signal in this group.
>>>
>>> Since we can't work it out amicably amongst ourselves, here my
>>> ultimatum. As a group of adults, please discuss in this thread which
>>> of the following the community chooses:
>>>
>>> 1. A free job board under the roro moniker, with periodic
>>> (daily/weekly) digests posted to the group. No job postings to the
>>> group.
>>> 2. Clearly articulated, consensual guidelines for job ads on the

>>> http://smartbomb.com.au