I wouldn't develop without RVM these days - makes it easy to have legacy apps
on 1.8.7 and newer ones on 1.9.2 - and ditto for gem development as well.

But I certainly wouldn't want that complexity in a production environment - and
have never seen it pushed as an ideal production tool. Mike: is anyone
recommending RVM for production?

--
Pat