> * Working in Oz was simple for me - I'm on a 457 sponsored visa with
> reInteractive.net.  It has limitations though - I can only work for my
> sponsor - if things don't work out I have 28 days to leave the country.
>  After 2 years I can apply for residency.  Because the US doesn't have
> nationwide health coverage I also get no health coverage here and am
> required to have 3rd party health insurance ($$$).  If you're on a visa
> from a civilized nation though (UK, Canada, EU, etc.) I think you get
> health coverage here with your visa.

I thought it was a requirement on the 457 that your company provide you
with visitors coverage through a third party ( Medibank ).  It was the case
with me anyway, 2*457 + current permanent Resident.  You can get Medicare
when you apply for your permanent residency.

I've worked all over the world and I have never seen the like of the
Australian ruby community, I was made feel very welcome when I came off the
boat from Ireland not really knowing anyone over here.  I did take your
jobs but at least I brought my own woman. :D