hi, thank you all for your feedback!
On Thu, Nov 07, 2019 at 02:53:33PM +0100, Linus Nordberg wrote: > > Holger manually created the ntpd user with uid 1004 rather than 123. Will > > that be a problem? I've done so, after I did a manual upgrade from 11.2 to 12.0 by running 'freebsd-update upgrade -r 12.0' followed by 'pkg-static install pkg ; pkg upgrade' as root. > Not sure. I'd change uid and gid to 123 (using vipw(8) and vigr(8)) and > then chown any files with uid or gid 1004. yeah, I will try this next, after trying whether upgrading to 12.1 fixes this. On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 02:05:42PM +0100, Baptiste Daroussin wrote: > This is documented in > https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/UPDATING?view=markup#l405 unfortunatly these instructions assuming an installation with sources, which this machine doesnt have. > Btw adding manual entries in passwd does not work, because this is not > what is > used, a db has to be generated via pwd_mkdb. the high level tools: > useradd, pw > are doing it automatically. > > By default, it is like pam_userdb on linux. ic. I didn't mean to do anything manually. I just wanted a distribution upgrade... -- cheers, Holger ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org PGP fingerprint: B8BF 5413 7B09 D35C F026 FE9D 091A B856 069A AA1C
signature.asc
Description: PGP signature
_______________________________________________ [email protected] mailing list To change your subscription options, visit https://lists.reproducible-builds.org/listinfo/rb-general. To unsubscribe, send an email to [email protected].
