hi, so some of us have come to agree that we would like to resume regular irc meetings about reproducible builds.
we propose to generally have general meetings, not specific to any distro, which should act as coordination type meetings, where people can share news, bring up topics and ask for help and where we discuss these things from a high level perspective. from there we hope to schedule breakout sessions (or sprints or however called) where interested people can discuss specific topics (like '.buildinfo files in debian' or 'python packages in arch linux' or whatever). the goal of the general irc meeting should rather be to identify such sub topics and track work on them. in general we also think that the agenda should always be known in advance, so I've also prepared a pad with a (now very) preliminary agenda at https://pad.sfconservancy.org/p/reproducible-builds-meeting-agenda personally I'd tend to go for bi-weekly meetings but I've put deciding this on the agenda for the first meeting already. (And then I would go for the 2nd and 4th week of the month, because the 1st week is crowded already.) To find a day and a time for the 1st meeting I've made a https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/bYLa5qDzxg/ - please share your preferences there until Tuesday, the 29th, so I can announce the date on the 30th of September, so at least a week before the 1st meeting. I'm curious to hear what you think too! ;) -- cheers, Holger ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org PGP fingerprint: B8BF 5413 7B09 D35C F026 FE9D 091A B856 069A AA1C Some people say that the climate crisis is something that we all have created, but that is not true, because if everyone is guilty then no one is to blame. And someone is to blame. Some people, some companies, some decision-makers in particular, have known exactly what priceless values they have been sacrificing to continue making unimaginable amounts of money. (Greta Thunberg)
signature.asc
Description: PGP signature
