From: rbase-l@googlegroups.com [mailto:rbase-l@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Doug Hamilton
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2017 9:53 AM
To: rbase-l@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [RBASE-L] - Thoughts on speeding up a cursor?

Hard to believe?  No, just proves that sending guys to the moon is easier than
figuring out insurance stuff.  :)
On 4/24/2017 11:37 AM, karentellef via RBASE-L wrote:
Here's the thing -- believe it or not, there is NOT A SINGLE PLACE in that 600
lines of cursor where I am updating a record.  Never, not once.  It does a
whole bunch of selects, from a whole bunch of different tables, and there's a
whole bunch of variable calculations.  Depending on conditions, it skips around
all over the place to retrieve those variables from tables, whether or not to
make certain calcs, etc.

The only table operation it does is at the very end, when it's done with its
calculations, it finally inserts one row into a temporary table....

I know, hard to believe, isn't it?   I don't think NASA has calculations as
complicated as this routine just to get a single answer.

Karen