Welllll.... IF you are already familiar with JavaScript/JScript, which has
a plethora of its functions carrying nomenclature from C, it would not be a
huge leap to become familiar with the language behing the GUI of RBase,
Delphi (pascal), which supports, i think, nearly all of C's functions.

The main difference to the casual observer is that Delphi/pascal has its'
code blocks demarked by "begin" / "end' keywords at the loctions you would
find curly braces in C or JavaScript/JScript.

It is not rocket science to create your library of string manipulation
routines in a Delphi DLL which is directly callable from within RBase using
the DLCall function.  When using an external DLL in this fashion, it is
introduced into the same address space as RBase and behaves the same as an
internal RBase function.

I don't think the underlying language in which Windows itself is written
(C++, C) is going to go the way of the dinosaurs anytime soon.  If you are
going to need string manipulation in a web environment, then this approach
is probably less favorable, but in Windows, it is a good fit.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbase-l/c59ba6b0-3d7b-468e-831e-56cdee399720%40googlegroups.com.