Myron,
Here is a snippet of code I use to find directions using Google; vFrom and vTo
are the starting location and destination that re either collected from an
address columns or entered manually in the calling form. I have not used it in
while and maybe the Google format has changed bit I think it should still work
or at least give you an idea on how to structure your command. I have code for
MapQuest as well.
--  Build destination address
SET VAR vTo = (SRPL(.vTo,', ',',',0))
SET VAR vTo = (SRPL(.vTo,',','+',0))
SET VAR vTo = (SRPL(.vTo,' ','+',0))

--  Build starting  address
SET VAR vFrom = (SRPL(.vFrom,', ',',',0))
SET VAR vFrom = (SRPL(.vFrom,',','+',0))
SET VAR vFrom = (SRPL(.vFrom,' ','+',0))

*(
-- Format for Link for Google Directions
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=12345+South+Twilight+Lane,+Olathe,+KS+66062
<http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=12345+South+Twilight+Lane,+Olathe,+KS+66062&daddr=7654+Nall+Avenue,+Prairie+Village,+KS+66208>
 &daddr=7654+Nall+Avenue,+Prairie+Village,+KS+66208
)
SET VAR vpart1 TEXT = +
'http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr='
SET VAR vhtml TEXT = (.vpart1 + .vFrom + '&daddr=' + .vTo)

LAUNCH .vhtml

CLEAR VAR vTo, vFrom, vhtml, vpart1
RETURN

Javier,