I am attempting to use PLUGINs for the first time, with RChart being my guinea
pig.
I am still using RBase version X, and trying to decide if RCharts is valuable
to me before I upgrade.

I used the RChart desktop icon to launch RCharts and create a chart file:
MidTerm.RBC
My databases and this chart file are stored in folder D:\RBxData\
My goal is to insert the PLUGIN command into a form's EEP to initiate the
display of this chart in a separate window (either as a chart within a separate
form or otherwise).
But before doing so, I tried testing the PLUGIN command from the R>, using the
syntax from RCharts help file.

After navigating to D:\RBxData\ and connecting to the database containing the
table with the chart's data, I used this command at the R>
  R>PLUGIN RCharts vResults |FILENAME MidTerm.RBC
  R>SHO vResults
    -ERROR- Invalid parameter ( 639)
  R>PLUGIN RCharts vResults |FILENAME D:\RBxData\MidTerm.RBC
  R>SHO vResults
    -ERROR- Invalid parameter ( 639)

I noticed that all example charts in the sample database bundled with RBase are
displayed within a report.  This is done by inserting an IMAGE object into the
report, using the PLUGIN command to save the chart to a file, and then
retrieving this file into the report's Image object.  Does this also work for
forms by placing an IMAGE object into a form?  Is it even possible to display
charts within a form?

Based on the examples, and thinking my only option is to save the chart to a
file (rather than display it real time without a form), I tried to create a
.JPG file using the PLUGIN command:
  R>PLUGIN RCharts vResults |FILENAME MidTerm.RBC |SAVE_TO_JPG
D:\RBxData\MidTerm.JPG
  R>SHO vResults
    -ERROR- Invalid parameter ( 639)
  R>PLUGIN RCharts vResults |FILENAME D:\RBxData\MidTerm.RBC |SAVE_TO_JPG
D:\RBxData\MidTerm.JPG
  R>SHO vResults
    -ERROR- Invalid parameter ( 639)

My installed RBase files are stored on a separate drive partition F:\ as shown
below.  Although this shouldn't make a difference (hasn't so far), I provide
this info anyway.
   F:\RBaseX             (RBase is installed in this folder)
   F:\RBaseX\RChartsX     (RCharts is installed in this sub-folder)
   F:\RBaseX\RDocsX     (RDocs is installed in this sub-folder)
   F:\RBaseX\...
   F:\RBaseX\RChartX.RBM  (This key RChart file is in the RBaseX folder with
   F:\RBaseX\RBGX.EXE       the RBase software)

My experiments show I need help to get started using RCharts.  I am hoping that
some of you RChart gurus can help me get going in using RCharts within a RBase
application.

  Richard Hopkins