On Sep 17, 8:12 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> When I built up and tested one of the Kogswell prototypes a couple of
> years ago and had a chance to play around with front-loading, the
> truth was that I did not find it all that appealing. Neither did any
> of my smaller-bodied (and mostly female) riding buddies who tried it
> out. Most women have more strength in their legs than in their upper
> bodies. To me and my friends riding a fully-loaded front-loader felt
> like lifting weights, and not in a fun way -- even with an
> appropriately-trailed fork.

Beth, that is interesting, because I've found that the feel of the
weight of a 10lb bag on a front rack virtually disappears on my P/R
with a 30mm trail fork.  It is more noticeable with the 40mm trail
fork, but not much more so.  The steering feels "slow" but definitely
not "heavy" or "hard".  In fact, multiple folks have opined that low-
trail bikes should use narrower handlebars since they don't need the
extra leverage of super-wide handlebars due to their "lighter"
steering.  I've experimented a bit with this on my bike, and I concur.

> Front-loading, rear-loading; one is not necessarily better than the
> other. Just different.

Well put -- That is definitely true!  I am of the fundamental mindset
that whatever works for a given individual is best!

-Jim G