on 11/24/08 9:34 PM, CycloFiend at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> There's a person on the Bleriot registry page -
>
> http://www.tfl.net/Bleriot/BleriotRegistry.htm
>
> who states they've mounted a campy set of shifters on the top tube. I've
> emailed him to see if he has any photos available.

Robert emailed four photos right over, which I've posted in the "files"
section of the RBW Owners Group -

http://groups.google.com/group/rbw-owners-bunch/files

They are titled "bleriot_toptubeshift_##.jpg"

It's really a nice little hack.

His explanation follows:
"They're Campagnolo clamp-on downtube shifters, which fit the top tube of
the Bleriot. I got them at a yard sale, unused, for 25 bucks. Just a little
plastic tape to keep from scratching the paint. I like not having the cables
torquing the steering. Riding no hands before this setup, I always wondered
if maybe the frame was out of line. Now she rides straight as an arrow.
Also, before, I used to nudge the bar-end shifters with my thigh when
standing at a red light. Now I don't."

Regards,
Robert O.

--
Jim Edgar
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cyclofiend Bicycle Photo Galleries - http://www.cyclofiend.com
Current Classics - Cross Bikes
Singlespeed - Working Bikes
Workshops of the iBob's

Send In Your Photos! - Here's how: http://www.cyclofiend.com/guidelines

"My nighttime attitude is anyone can run you down and get away with it.
That's why I don't even own a bike light or one of those godawful reflective
suits.  Because if you've put yourself in a position where someone has to
see you in order for you to be safe...you've already blown it."
-- Neal Stephenson, "Zodiac"