Yeah, that's right, two and half times round trip. Thanks for the
clarification.

Man, a fixed century, to me, is truly a feat. I doubt I'll ever get to
that one.

Actually, I did notice on the long downhills that my body became more
fatigued on the longer downhill coasts. It's nice to give your knees a
rest but my weight distribution is better while I'm pedaling.

My high gear is 68.3 inches and my low 54.6 or close to it. I'm not
sure what my day average was as I twice erased my computer flipping
the bike over to change gears. Annoyance! It was a good thing that
there were mile markers or I would have been really peeved.

I was probably cruising around 14 mile average for the first 60 miles
or so and then for the last 40 I think I dropped down to around
twelve. The last ten I was hanging around ten miles per hour or less.
Ugh. It's tough to see that and think that that last ten miles is
going to take an hour to finish.

This was my first go at any kind of century and I did realize early on
that I'd have to be strategic in my gear changes. I didn't want to
change willy nilly but did want to use the low gear for some of the
longer climbs and to conserve some energy. Balancing the need for some
speed to finish in a reasonable time and taking the time to change
gears for a lower energy conserving gear gave me some thinking to do
as I rode. One of the fun things a Quickbeam provides.

I do like the idea of doing some more dirt centuries. I know a dirt
loop south of Mason, Texas that runs about 40 miles. Some pretty good
hills and about five miles of washboard would make it quite a bit
tougher than the Mineral Wells Trailway. I'd love to find a dirt loop
that's 100 miles. I've driven on some dirt roads north of Taos that
are beckoning me real hard right now.