I just shipped a bike to a UPS customer center near the customer's
home. It was much cheaper than it usually is when I ship it to a
business or residential address.

I'd also recommend paying a bike shop that does mail order to pack and
ship the bike. The shop will generally provide a used box and packing
materials for free or at a small cost, and will pack it better than
you would yourself. If there is damage or loss, the claim is more
likely to be paid if a regular shipping customer files it. At least
that's been my experience.