Thanks Eric,

Boy it seems pretty early in the year to being doing a century, even
on a tandem.  Of course, here in Vt. the cycling season is just
beginning for hard core riders.  I've been laid up with a bum foot for
six months now, so any riding sounds awfully good to me.

I'd love to hear your opinions about the tandem.  I've got my wife to
agree, at least in principal, to buying one, but since there are no
dealers in VT, it takes a lot of effort just to look at one. Montreal
about 2 hours away and Boston is 3 1/2.

>From what I can gather on the web, Santana or Bilenkey would be my
leading choices.  The Santana web site has lots of words, but ends up
being short on critical info, like tire capacity, fender & rack
attachments, etc.  Also, everybody quotes prices for whole bikes,
including stuff I don't think I want, like a carbon fork, and 10 speed
SIS.  Without any experience, it's hard to know what's really
essential in a good tandem.

There have been Riv rumors about a tandem for quite awhile and I'd be
game for a proto, if the price wasn't stratospheric.

Michael