From: "Mike" <mjawn...@gmail.com>
To: "RBW Owners Bunch" <rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 12:15 PM
Subject: [RBW] Re: Rear wheel installation on Homer

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I do know how to properly remove a
wheel. It's an issue of space between where the rear derailer attaches
to the hanger and the skewer bolt. And no I'm not mounting the wheel
with the quick release on the drive side. I'm not sure if maybe my
derailer (LX RR) is extra thick around the mounting bolt or what. And
my Homer has 135 spacing with a 135 hub (XT). I'm just curious if
other Homer owners had a similar issue. Oh, and the derailer hanger is
not bent, or not as far as I can tell. I've had this issue since I
first obtained the frame.

Off for a ride now.

--mike

On Apr 7, 8:53 am, Seth Vidal <skvi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Joe Bartoe <jbar...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Mike-
>
> > Make sure you shift into the smallest cog in the rear before you remove
> > the
> > wheel. This makes it easier to take out and re-install since you know
> > that
> > the chain goes back on the small cog for re-install. For the AHH, you
> > need
> > to rotate the front derailleur forward and slightly downward as you take
> > out
> > and re-install the wheel. It makes it tons easier.
>
> You mean rear derailler, right? Not front derailler? B/c I would think
> that rotating the front derailler would be a bad idea. :)
>
> -sv

06:41:00