e-bay! if you are on a budget, adventurous and want a cool ride

Look for a mid 70's or earlier racing bike or frame, In the the late
70's and early '80's criterium geometry dominated the racing market. I
other words look carefully, you probably want stage race geometry,
that is a nice combination of comfort and speed. You can join the list
serve on classic bikes at
http://www.bikelist.org/mailman/listinfo/classicrendezvous
Just ask for help there on what you are looking for and you will get
plenty of advice. I own 2 such bikes a '72 Paramount P13 (racing
frame), (I am the original owner) and a '70 Pogliaghi. their are both
fast and comfortable.
My stable also includes a Rivendell long low (similar geometry to the
Ram) and an Atlantis. I think it offers a perfect range of choices for
any type of riding.

Good Luck
Tom Dusky
Huntington Woods MI