On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Bruce <fullylug...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I can't make out the decal on the down tube. Is that an example of Sheldon
> Brown's Rivendell Sauron?

It's certainly not elfin!

Just discovered on last 1/2 mile of pavement home that I can drop pressure
in front to 15, rear to 20, and still have bike handle acceptably -- not
good, but acceptably -- on pavement, and wheels roll efficiently. I will now
use 18/22 or so as the default allrounder pressure.

Incidentally, the rim maker/seller, Simon Rackower of Fairbanks, told me he
uses fabric store bulk gift wrap ribbon (so many colors to choose from!)
covered by a layer of strapping tape instead of rim strips. I may switch to
this from the paired Spec plastic rim strips that you can see bulging (but
harmlessly, I believe) through the drillium holes.