I bought a pair of Miesha Portuguese Cork Tree Grips and put a few
coats of VO blonder flake shellac over the past couple of days.  The
blonde shellac does not really change the color or character of the
cork.  Rather, like putting mineral oil on fine wood it enhances the
flecks and patterns in the cork.  It will be a nice organic look to
contrast with the cold steel of my bike.

http://www.rivbike.com/products/list/handlebars_stems_and_tape#product=16-187