on 5/13/09 7:19 PM, dpco at dcompton1...@sbcglobal.net wrote:

> to grant,
> why is the toptube on a 58cm saluki .5cm longer than a 60cm ram?

Please remember than this list is a discussion about Rivendell bicycles.  It
is not the best means to correspond with Rivendell Bicycle Works. Although
Grant and other RBW staff do post here from time to time, it's best to email
them directly on specific questions.  Their contact info can be found here:

http://www.rivbike.com/staff_directory

I don't really have any conjecture on the answer, I was going to suggest the
Saluki had more upslope on the TT, but that does not appear to be the case.
Of course they were different bikes with different wheelsizes, and it just
may have been the way it worked out.

- Jim

--
Jim Edgar
cyclofi...@earthlink.net

Cyclofiend Bicycle Photo Galleries - http://www.cyclofiend.com
Current Classics - Cross Bikes
Singlespeed - Working Bikes

Send In Your Photos! - Here's how: http://www.cyclofiend.com/guidelines

"I had to ride slow because I was taking my guerrilla route, the one I
follow when I assume that everyone in a car is out to get me."
-- Neal Stephenson, "Zodiac"