i am a true believer in most of grant's ideas on bicycles. after
talking to him for quite awhile in his shop, i bought a "ram" framset.
i cannot ride with the saddle as far back as grant would like.but, my
ram with a "zero offset" seatpost and my b-17 works perfectly.
however, along with my forward saddle position, i still need a 9cm
stem.
the saluki would require a much shorter stem.  by the way, my ram is
the best descending bike that i have ever experienced.