A question for the SF area RBWO-ers:  Say you are coming into town via
the Amtrak (the Emeryville station seems to be the closest to the city
I believe) with one's bicycle and you wanted to see things such as Riv
World Headquarters, SFMOMA and other art galleries.  So any
suggestions on where to stay area wise or actual hotel suggestions
would be much appreciated.  I'm pretty cool with cycling or walking
around the city and definitely am cool with the BART and such.  I
think I'd rather be closer to the gallery zone (which seems to be
within Misson/Market and 1st/4th) and BART/Bicycle out to other
activities but I also don't want to fork over my first born.  Anyway
any and all advice is appreciated.

thanks,
Robert