I saw Grant's June 15 blog plugging the MUSA line.  I think he
deserves to be enthusiastic about these products and to toot his own
horn a bit.

I’ve got 3 pairs of MUSA knickers, each from a different production
run.  While they’re all good, the latest ones hit the ball out of the
park in every metric that matter to me: comfort, durability, style,
value, and sweat-shop avoidance.  The only days I don’t wear them are
when I know it’s going to be scorching, then I’ve got MUSA shorts.
Are there any new colors on the horizon for the seersucker long
sleeves?

I walked through Palo Alto Bicycles the other day and was quite
frankly appalled at what people spend on spandex shorts and tights.
$60 doesn't bring you even close to getting a pair of shorts....  I
guess everyone is entitled to their own tastes, but I'm still a bit
puzzled why the vast majority of people I see riding recreationally on
the road still cling (no pun) to their Lycra. Only on rare occasions
do I see people riding briskly on the road in regular-looking clothes,
but certainly never on the weekends where the armies of recreational
cyclists congregate on the backroads of Woodside and Portola Valley.
I've NEVER seen another human wearing MUSA knickers or shorts here in
San Mateo County.  Not commuting, not on the weekends.  Where is
everybody?

-br