A lot of racing-style riders use Excel and Colorado Cyclist as a source for
racing parts, and one of those catalogs, maybe both, sells Surly frames and
bikes, so many of those riders are probably in the know about Surly through
that. Or is it that Surly began marketing in those catalogs because there was
already an interest from that type of rider? Which came first?