> I'm sure the Roadeo will be a great bike but I think for a bike like
> this I'd go with Mercian.

Not a bad idea.  Appears as though you could do the Vincitore for less
than a Roadeo.  The Audax Special looks nice as well.  Although if I
am reading the specs correctly, it will not accommodate a 35 mm tire.

I really like following Brad's blog over at Capricorn bikes.  He may
be a good choice as well.