If one is not opposed to outboard bearing-style cranksets, I'd give a
plug for the SRAM Rival, which has a reasonably low Q, unlike the
horse-back-riding Suginos. David Estes turned me on to it. I'm using a
50/36 and love it!

It used to be available in silver alloy, but current production seems
to be with black arms. Silver versions can still be found on ebay and
on closeout from some online retailers.

Perhaps Riv could persuade SRAM to re-release the Rival in silver,
especially in light of the upcoming Roadeo release.

-A