At some point in our evolution/aging we started putting kixtand plates on
all-but-the-Roadeo. You got one PKP, is all. The AHH generally clears a
listed 40 (L40) with a fender, and for years I rode LISTED 47s (L47). It's
a rare tire that measures up to its listing, and rim width affect it a
little, but I buhlieve todos de los Homeros will take most of the
L40s,,,which is pretty remarkable for such a roadish bike. Whatever tire
any given frame maxes out at, there seems to be a primal urge to shoe it
with a tire that simply exceeds this capacity. We do it here, too. There's
a Cheviot here with a L45 knobby, and we've put  an L50 no fender on a
Betty. Fenders and fender skills also affect tire clearance.