Hi Michael,
I would be cautious about the weight of the tandem and the mounting point.

The Pletscher has a 25kg weight limit, but if you get close to that weight,
there would be a lot of pressure on the mounting point. IIRC, a Hunqapillar
kickstand plate was broken when someone sat on saddle with the bike
supported by the double legger.

I have both Pletscher and VO Copenhagen dual leg. The VO's legs move quite
a bit in the up position-- I had to take it off because it caused wheel
rub. Also, the screws for the height adjustment rusted out very quickly (<1
winter of use). I could probably replace the screws, but haven't gotten
around to it. I wouldn't recommend the VO.

shoji