Hey there Avery -

That is a very nice looking rig.   It doesn't really strike me as
immodest... ;^)

I'd look more at the stem setup than the seatpost.  With that handlebar
setup, It does seem that you could jump up to the 60 cm and still be right
in the middle of the height range.   So, it does get back to what you are
comfortable with.  I'm just a little shorted legged than you (85) and have
a 59 AHH, and would probably tend towards the 56 Sam (though I've ridden
the 60 over at RBWHQ&L and it was just fine).

The other question I'd ask is what you plan on doing for cockpit setup on
the AHH.  Are you going to use basically the same bar/stem and overall
position?  If so, you'll probably find the AHH and Sam to be reasonably
close cousins.  The great thing about RBW designs is that they invite
experimentation.  Swapping in drop bars (from the Ranndonneur?) would give
you a more road-type Sam, which would in turn give you a sense of what the
Hilsen would be like.

I don't think any bike is necessarily "overkill" - I find you just end up
with more possibilities.

hope that helps!

- Jim