Jay,

Don't discount the advice given about lowering your tire pressure.  I too
hate flats; especially on cold dark mornings commuting to work. I log all
my miles and was really disappointed when I had 5 flats in the first 2,000
miles on my Supremes.  By coincidence, I decided to lower my tire pressures
to increase comfort.  I went from 80 psi front and rear, to 50 front and 60
rear, and let those pressures deflate throughout the next week to 10 days.
What's amazing is I haven't had a flat since.  The same basic routes.  That
calculates to over 5,200 flat free miles!  Yes, I have 7,200+ miles on
these Supremes.

I would certainly try lowering pressures before adding Slime tubes to an
already too heavy tire.

Just my opinion and real life experience.  Take it for what it's worth,

Matt

P.S.  I've probably jinxed myself now :<(