I owned a '78 MGB roadster that could be said to embody some of the old
world/new world straddling design features of a Rivendell.

(picture not mine, but mine was nearly identical.  Mine had a tan interior).

However, that MGB more closely resembles what Raleigh and all of British
industry became by the end of the 70s: a shadow of its former self.  It had
all the mechanical foibles (if it's not leaking oil, it's empty) of any
British car but less of the fun; the power and handling were heavily
comprimised by US crash standards and emissions.  Whereas, Rivendell is a
phoenix rising from the ashes of the traditional US bike industry, not a
compromised last gasp.

It was quite unreliable, but handsome.  My Riv Road is reliable, versatile,
capable, and handsome.

British Racing Green is a great color; I have a Triumph Sprint motorcycle
in that color and would love a deep green Rivendell.  If I ever order a new
Riv, it will be a metallic BRG.

I've also owned an 04 Cadillac CTS-V, a sport sedan with a Corvette V-8 and
6-speed stick.  Lots of fun, but expensive to own.  It resembles my
Rivendell as a MUSA masterpiece, but lacks the old-world touch (unless you
count all Cadillacs as old-world, but this one was pretty modern).  It also
embodied my bike riding style: heavy and fast.

I've given up cars as toys; bikes and motorcycles are better suited and
more economical.  My current car is an 02 Nissan Frontier crew cab pickup.
 It carries my kids, camping gear, a canoe, a bunch of bikes, dirty stuff,
and big stuff just fine.  Sometimes all at once.  It doesn't have the
expressive personality of a Riv, but I bought it for its practicality, not
its character.

If only I could equip the Frontier with a diesel engine the rest of the
world gets.  30mpg in a compact pickup would be awesome.