With my recent testing of "poser SS mode" in preparation for my Quickbeam
(and to test if it would svn work round these here parts), I have
discovered I shifted way to much and on my Hunqapillar I'd likely be fine
with 1x9 and that may be overkill. We'll see as I get to doing
longer/farther rides on the QB how it all pans out when I'm then on the
Hunqapillar, but I anticipate staying only in the 36t middle ring and
possibly not touching the lower range of gearing. Whatever I learn, It's a
Spring/summer/fall of grand adventure just waiting to happen! Grin.

Patrick, you essentially just described the gearing inches I have found
works for around here with a SS mindset and how I'll be setting up my QB.
40"-70" with an emphasis on 55, 60.

With abandon,
Patrick