turn the tension bolt clockwise to increase tension in the saddle - the
threads are LH (in the case of a Selle Anatomica with RH threads on the
tension bolt, you turn turn CCW to tighten).
When to do it?  From your list, all of them could count, but you shouldn't
have to do it frequently.  I have tightened my daughter's B68 twice in 3
years, her B17ImperialS once after a year.  My newest B17 I tightened after
6 months, and it won't need it again for awhile.
Brooks recommends always doing 90-degrees, which is 1/4 turns.  So turn it
one quarter of a turn and ride it enough to evaluate.
If you tighten it too much, too soon, the saddle will develop an axe-head
profile, which is not good in the long run.
But you should feel it right away when you tighten it - it will make a new
sting on your sit bones, especially on long rides.