It's not just weight - it's a ratio of power to weight.  If a person is
20lb over-weight, the knock-on of such a condition is often (not always)
carrying the weight in the form of fat at the same time as lacking muscle
and strength.  I hover between 155lb and 175lb, but I only hit 155lb after
a tremendous amount of exercise and the times I've been at that weight in
the last few years have correlated with my body in its strongest form.
 I've no doubt that I'm significantly faster in that condition.  Nowadays I
work a lot of six day weeks and am lacking muscle - as a result, and
conversely perhaps, I'm sure I'm more sensitive to a difference in bike
weight, as I'm having to work harder anyway.

I suppose it could be argued that a body-builder with a minuscule
percentage of body-fat could be considered over-weight, but their strength
to weight ratio would be very high.  So, there are just too many variables
to draw a straight conclusion.

Of course, a bike that one perceives as light and fast and enjoyable to
ride helps to motivate a person to find the same efficiency in their own
form.  In short, one wants to go for a ride! The weight of a bicycle is
only one component in the overall efficiency of the machine (aerodynamics,
rolling resistance etc.) and the weight of the rider is only one component
in the overall efficiency of the human being (strength, height, endurance,
comfort etc.).

IanA.