Hey all,

My niece, who lives in uptown Manhattan, is looking to buy a bike. Alas,
her budget won't run to anything nearly as nice as a Betty. Does anyone
have a recommendation for a bike shop in New York that sells sensible city
bikes? Particularly one that would treat a young woman as a serious
customer? Used bikes are fine, but since I'm on the west coast, I'd like to
send her to a shop that will help her make a good choice instead of
expecting her to navigate Craigslist when she doesn't have a good
understanding of the market.

--
-- Anne Paulson

It isn't a contest. Enjoy the ride.