Hi Mark,
Did you try Keven or Brian at Riv? They both run VBC cranks.
Brian's Hunqapillar http://www.rivbike.com/product-p/staff10.htm
Keven's Appaloosa http://www.rivbike.com/product-p/staff3.htm

Good eye on the Radavist-- it seems like Jared (at Riv) may have insight
into the BB length.

Keep me/us posted!
Shoji