If it happens without pedaling, does that not (almost) rule out the BB? If
you remove the chain from the front rings (resting it on the BB shell so
it's out of the way), and feel  the cranks as you rotate them backwards
slowly and fast, is it smooth or rough?

As one who is driven nuts by noise, I'm often isolating things. Other
options include: pedal, headset, saddle, hub (a strong possibility if it
happens when not pedaling), tire tread noise (under inflated or knobbies),
cables rubbing or clicking/clacking, and more.

Enjoy the journey finding the cause and fixing it. I find there is an
amazing joy in a quiet bike and the journey to keep it that way!

With abandon,
Patrick