Dang I love this list!  Official Rivster Word of the Day:  *Crepitus!**
"Crepitus* is a medical term to describe the grating, crackling or popping
sounds and sensations experienced under the skin and in joints or a
crackling sensation due to the presence of air in the subcutaneous
tissue."  Captain Conway, inquiring minds are dying to to know:  would you
describe your cranky crepitus sound as most similar to bone, joint,
bursitus, or tenosynovitis crepitus?