On Wednesday, May 28, 2014 7:15:09 AM UTC-7, Anton Tutter wrote:

> Interesting how two Reynolds 531 bikes can ride and feel differently (both
> bike have comparably supple and fast rolling tires, and similar overall
> builds). The devil is definitely in the details when it comes to bike
> handling and ride dynamics, and tubing is just one of many variables.

Are they the same type of 531? There were around 10 different types of 531
with some designed lighter than others.

If I was in the DC area and wanted to try different steel bikes, I'd head
to Mt Airy Cycles http://bike123.com/used_bikes/used_bikeslist.php
They have a huge inventory of used bikes, many of which are older steel
ones. I think the prices are a bit high, but it doesn't cost anything to
try them.