On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 5:49:30 PM UTC-7, Ginz wrote:

> Hi Folks
>
> Here's a 48cm Hunqapillar cleaned up and ready for another camping trip.
>
> Sorry for the lousy photo. I'm not very tall and the Bullmoose bars are
> VERY high even for my good taste in high bars -- even with the stem slammed.
>
> I am thinking of cutting the steerer down by 10 or 15mm.  That would leave
> me with 15 or 10mm of spacer which should be plenty for doo-dads and brake
> hangers.  Is there any chance that the stem quill would be getting to close
> to the butted section?

Yes, there's a chance.  Measure before you cut.  The easiest thing would be
to check how far a Tallux fits in there and compare on your Bosco quill.
 If you dont have a long quill stem laying around, you'll have to figure
out something else.

> Would I regret cutting it later?

It won't help your resale value, but if you like the fit better you are
less likely to want to sell it