The Japanese take trains go fishing, and their idea of stealth is also
saving face - on the way, they don't want their tackle to be in anyone
else's way.
This little 7' trout rod came from Blue Dun Fly Shop in Tokyo

<http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/surf%20rod/hermit/hermit2.jpg>

they even make this in a 10-pc rod.

<http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/Raleigh/aP9160004.jpg>
it packs really small on a bike