On 06/19/2014 02:42 PM, Ron Mc wrote:
ok Steve, I was wrong and your're wrong-headed, what the hell. In the US we call that C-Mo steel and don't think too much of its properties. Managese steel is a different animal, we make car crushing hammers out of it.

In the US we call the alloy of which 531 is made "manganese molyobdenum" and have done so since the 1930s. Your calling it something different does not make it so, no matter how stubborn you are.